Monument-The Ponca Military Academy Memorial Park was established in 1988. The sculpture “Serve with Pride” which stands at the former entrance of the Ponca Military Academy was dedicated in 2008. Ponca Military Academy was established in 1940 by the late Colonel William V. Cox and his wife Blanche. Dedicated to the growth and advancement of young men, Ponca Military Academy opened their doors to not only young men from Oklahoma, but throughout the country. Originally located on 56 acres of land the academy included an administration building, which was a former country club for E.W. Marland in the 1920’s, barracks, gym, parade grounds, athletic fields, tennis courts, and a playground. After 34 years the decision was made to close the academy in 1974.