The Water Production Division operates and maintains a 16 MGD water treatment
plant, seventeen water wells, six distribution booster pumping facilities, two
elevated water storage towers, and four ground storage reservoirs. The most
essential component, the water treatment plant, was originally built in 1925 and
underwent a serious of rehabilitation and upgrades in the 1950’s, the mid 1980’s
and 1996-97. The objective of this division is to produce and deliver to the water
distribution system a high quality potable water supply and to comply with all
State and Federal environmental regulations.