To be considered for employment as an entry-level Firefighter/Medic with the Ponca City Fire/EMS Department you must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Be certified as an EMT-B, EMT-Advanced / Intermediate, or Paramedic by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Pass a general aptitude exam administered by PCFD
- Qualify to participate in the Oklahoma Firefighter Pension System (Successful completion of the required physical agility test and a comprehensive pre-employment health screening paid for by the City of Ponca City)
- Relocation within 25 miles of Ponca City within the first three months of employment.
Compensation and Benefits