The Ponca City Fire Department invites you to participate in the exam process for the position of Entry Level Firefighter.
Testing will take place at the No. 1 Fire Station located at 500 E. Grand Avenue. The exam process will begin at 9:00am. There will be no admittance after that time. Attendees should park along Grand Avenue (in front of City Hall).
eligible to participate in the exam process you must currently hold
Emergency Medical Technician certification and/or licensure (as required
by the Oklahoma Department of Health EMS Division). In lieu of
certification/licensure you may provide proof of current enrollment in
EMT coursework. Additionally, a valid driver’s license is required. You
must bring your EMT certification/license or coursework enrollment
forms, and your driver’s license with you. Documentation will be
verified prior to testing.
The exam process consists of three (3) parts;
- A written examination/general aptitude test (multiple choice)
- A written / reporting exercise (EMS related)
- A physical agility test
The physical agility test consists of the following;
- Run 1 ½ miles within 13 minutes
- Perform 35 bent knee sit-ups within 2 minutes
- Perform 25 push-ups
- Walk 20 feet on top of a 3” beam while carrying 20 pounds of weight
- Carry a weight of 125 pounds a distance of 100 feet on a flat surface without stopping
- Perform a flexibility exercise
- Climb an apparatus mounted ladder a distance of 65 feet
recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and footwear for the
physical agility portion of the exam process. Time will be allowed to
change attire if needed.
contact the Fire Department Administration by phone or via email to
notify us of your intent to participate. You may call (580)-767-0368
during normal business hours (8AM–5PM, Monday - Friday) or email to .