1. Read and understand plans and contract documents.
2. Monitor all assigned construction projects and prepare daily reports and assemble all pertinent documentation including material testing and pictures.
3. Issue permits for construction within the public right of way and monitor the construction to ensure adherence to the City of Ponca City construction standards.
4. Effectively communicate with contractors on construction projects and with those performing permitted work to clearly convey expectations and requirements.
5. Utilize computer and software provided and prepare and manage reports, permits, pictures and documentation as required.
6. Operate various hand tools and operate a two-way radio.
7. Ensure the adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
8. Prepare a variety of written technical reports.