You are here:
||City of Ponca City Jobs
|Additional Status Information:
||ALL APPLICATIONS ARE GOOD FOR 60 DAYS FROM DATE SUBMITTED
||$19.14 non CLEET certified ($39,801.22 annually)
$19.99 CLEET certified ($41,583.36 annually)
Return To Main Job Postings Page
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Operate a motor vehicle for extended periods of time in all environmental conditions and on occasion operates the vehicle at high speeds and in congested traffic situations.
Patrol assigned area of City and enforces state and federal laws and City ordinances; patrols and examines building and residences to detect suspicious conditions and handles situations accordingly.
Directs traffic in congested and emergency areas; reports safety hazards; responds to scene of accident, administers first aid, and investigates cause and file accident reports; issues citations to violators of traffic laws.
Visit the scene of crimes and accidents; searches for and preserves evidence; investigates and interviews victims; witnesses and potential suspects; apprehend those suspected of crimes; participates in line-ups; makes oral and written reports; provides testimony in court.
Speaks before citizen’s groups and participates in various training sessions.
- Applicants must be at least 21 at time of hire
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions
- Must pass physical agility test
- Must pass written test
- No convictions for domestic abuse
- No convictions for crimes of moral turpitude
- Pass an Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory
- Pass a Background investigation
- Stable work history
- Interview Board
- Must be able to pass polygraph
- Good moral character
- Available to work any shift, nights and weekends
- Pass the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System’s physical standards.
- ½ mile run in 5 minutes
- simulated attic crawl in 30 seconds
- simulated window entry in 30 seconds
- scale a 6 foot privacy fence in 30 seconds
- scale 4 ft chain link fence in 30 seconds
-simulate dragging 150 lb body 25 ft in 30 seconds
-push a police car 25 feet in 30 seconds
Certified Officers with at least 4 years of recent service in a Patrol position may have the opportunity to test for Corporal ($24.13 per hour/$50,197.06 annual salary) after completion of initial field training.
|12/15/2016 12:00 AM
|Open Until Filled
Associate’s Degree or 1000 hours of training $35.00 ($910.00 annually)
Bachelor’s Degree or 1500 hours of training $60.00 ($1,560.00 annually)
Master’s Degree or 2000 hours of training $75.00 ($1,950.00 annually)