You are here:
||City of Ponca City Jobs
|Additional Status Information:
||ALL APPLICATIONS ARE GOOD FOR 60 DAYS FROM DATE SUBMITTED
||$13.95 ($36,190.88 annual)
Return To Main Job Postings Page
Testing will take place on Saturday, April 22 , 2017 at Fire Station #1 at 500 E. Grand Avenue. The exam will begin at 9:00 AM with no admittance after that time. Please notify Fire Department Administration of your intent to participate
at 580-767-0368 during normal business hours (8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday) or email
General Job Description: Will perform individually and/or as a member of a firefighting or ambulance team and will participate in fire suppression and EMS activities including firefighting, rescue, first aid, ventilation, forcible entry, salvage, overhaul, inspection practices, auto extraction, patient handling and care, and triage.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Firefighting and life-saving techniques and procedures.
Marginal Job Functions: (Not fundamental but part of the job in a less important manner.)
1. Maintain fire and ambulance equipment.
2. Maintain fire station – keeping them clean.
Desired Qualities or Skills:
1. High school or equivalent education required.
2. Certification as Basic Emergency Medical Technician required.
3. Good physical condition and stamina to work long periods of time.
4. Preferred candidates will be Certified EMT Intermediate or Paramedics.
5. Must be able to work shifts
6. Pass state physical, plus written and physical agility test.
MUST POSSESS CURRENT EMT CERTIFICATION
|7/16/2013 12:00 AM
|Open Until Filled
National Registry EMT Certification
the position of firefighter has the starting annual base wage of $36,190.88. In additionm the firefighter will receive, per pay period, one of the below as incentive pay:
paramedic emt - $175 per pay period ($4,550 per year)
intermediate emt - $75 per pay period ($1,950 per year)
basic emt - $50 per pay period ($1,300 per year)