GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: To maintain the immediate security, care, and control of prisoners and the Ponca City jail structure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Admit and release inmates from jail; take fingerprints, remove personal property, conduct searches, verify medical information.
2. Communicate with professionals and the general public regarding the jail inmates.
3. Perform security checks and document prisoner actions; investigate any suspicious activities.
4. Maintain the sanitary conditions of the prisoners and jail structure.
5. Prepare and serve meals according to State Jail Standards.
6. Create and maintain a variety of records, reports, and logs on the computer.
7. Must have acceptable attendance and the ability to work well with people.
8. Any specific requirement stated in the offer of employment letter.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Not fundamental but part of the job in a less important manner.)
1. Maintain jail supplies and document use and inventory.
2. Assist in transporting City prisoners to Court.
3. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Principles and procedures of recordkeeping.
First aid principles, practices and techniques.
Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
City and State laws and ordinances.
Work independently in the absence of supervision.
Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
Work with hostile individuals in a stressful environment.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
One year of law enforcement or jailer experience is desirable.
Training equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid jail certificate issued by the Council on Law Enforcement Training.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
|2/17/2017 12:00 AM
|Open Until Filled