General Job Description: To perform semi-skilled and skilled work in the construction, maintenance and related service activities related to the City streets.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain streets for the City of Ponca City.
2. Operate pneumatic and hand tools; operate light equipment and trucks; clean and maintain equipment.
3. Compile and mix materials to be used on job assigned.
4. Maintain records and log of all work performed.
5. Construct forms, lay cement, and finish cement on curb, gutter, sidewalk, street, alley and other related areas; dig ditches; backfill trenches and holes; install storm drain pipes.
6. Break and repair concrete and asphalt surfaces; excavate and replace concrete, and asphalt surfaces; perform hot patching and sealing on surfaces; shovel and rake asphalt.
7. Set up and take down traffic warning devices and barricades for traffic control.
8. Trim weeds around roadways; pick up litter on medians, gutters, curbs, and related areas.
9. Must have acceptable attendance and the ability to work well with people.
10. Any specific requirements that are specified in the "offer of employment letter".
Marginal Job Functions: (Not fundamental but part of the job in a less important manner.)
1. Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner.
2. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required (including relief operator).
1. Equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
2. Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
1. Learn methods and techniques of general construction, maintenance and repair related to the area of work assigned.
2. Learn to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, construction and repair work in the area of work assigned.
3. Learn to operate a variety of vehicular and stationary mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner.
4. Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time and in unfavorable weather conditions, perform heavy manual labor.
5. Communicate clearly and concisely (both orally and in writing).
6. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
8. Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities such as walking, standing, bending, kneeling or crouching for extended periods of time.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
1. One year of experience performing field maintenance work within the area of work assigned is desirable.
2. Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate:
1. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license and CDL if required.
2. Must be able to obtain any required certification.
|11/4/2016 12:00 AM
|Open Until Filled
CONCRETE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED